JK Rowling Given Freedom Of London
And 10 Other Things You Didn’t Know About The Harry Potter Author
1. As a child JK Rowling’s favourite book was The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge.
2. JK Rowling insisted on using British actors for the Harry Potter films.
3. JK Rowling and her husband have no plans to stop working despite her multi million pound fortune, as she thinks working sets a good example to her children.
4. JK Rowling goes on Harry Potter fan sites - she once visited the chatroom of popular site Mugglenet, and got told to keep quiet by regulars as she didn’t know enough about Harry Potter.
5. JK Rowling typed Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone on a typewriter.
6. After graduating, and before starting the Harry Potter books, JK Rowling worked as a researcher at Amnesty International.
7. Before she finished the books, she let Alan Rickman in on the whole story, so that he could play the character of Severus Snape better in the films.
8. Harry Potter and JK Rowling have the same birthday, 31st July.
9. Her preferred Hogwarts house would be Gryffindor (the same house as Harry, Ron and Hermoine).
10. Her first fan letter was from a reader called Francesca Gray. She thought JK Rowling was a man and started her letter, ‘Dear Sir…’