Happy Birthday, Charles Bukowski, born 16 August 1920, died 9 March 1994. Bukowski was a poet, novelist and short story writer.
My Top 10 Bukowski Quotes
1. Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
2. Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.
3. there is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock.
4. I remember awakening one morning and finding everything smeared with the colour of forgotten love.
5. An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.
6. those who escape hell
never talk about
and nothing much
7. The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
8. Without literature, life is hell.
9. It’s better to do a dull thing with style than a dangerous thing without it.
10. If you are going to try, go all the way or don’t even start.