Happy Birthday, Coco Chanel
Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Bonheur Chanel was born 19 August 1883 and died 10 January 1971. She was a French fashion designer, and the founder of Chanel.
My 10 Favourite Coco Chanel Quotes
- My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.
- Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
- Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.
- I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that would flow with her body. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well-dressed.
- I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.
- The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
- Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
- Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
- The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.
- A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.