Literary Birthday - 27 June
Happy Birthday, Helen Keller, born 27 June 1880, died 1 June 1968
- It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
- All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.
- The highest result of education is tolerance.
- It is hard to interest those who have everything in those who have nothing.
- Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness.
Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deafblind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. She wrote 12 books including her autobiography, The Story of My Life.
by Amanda Patterson for Writers Write